Company: Wither Hills Marlborough Ltd
Uploaded: 15 November 2023
Closes: 15 December 2023
Here at Wither Hills, we believe in the power of our products to bring communities together, spark conversations, and create lasting memories. We are part of Lion NZ, one of New Zealand's leading alcoholic beverage companies with great brands for many occasions.
We are currently looking for a Vineyard Manager, who will play a vital role in making our magic happen.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing our vineyards for Wither Hills, growing grapes to the highest standard within budget. You will also lead and develop capability in a highly-motivated and engaged team.
Some of your key duties will include
- Manage vineyards to produce quality fruit to meet viticulture specifications
- Lead teams, develop and ensure training implemented across all levels
- Build and manage budgets, including annual operating plans and CAPEX
- Drive innovation across vineyard tasks and management
- Participate in harvest at a management level
- Manage contractors, ensure when entering WH vineyards they are adhering to Lion processes as well as WH quality specifications as efficiently as possible
Key to your success will be:
- Relevant industry experience with in technical, vineyard operations/management
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field- Viticulture, Agriculture, Horticulture
- Experience within coaching, developing, and people leadership
- Organisational and time management skills
- Project management and implementing change
- Strategic thinking & planning capability
- Analytical problem-solving skills for continuous improvement
In return, you will receive:
- The freedom and autonomy to deliver in your role
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme and product allowance
- We have fantastic people, policies, and programs in place to empower you
Join us in shaping the future of Wither Hills and contribute to our mission of delivering high-quality products to our consumers, using cutting edge technology, all the while being a force for good one bottle at time.
We don't just offer a job; we offer growth and development ‘on tap’ where you can unleash your potential and be part of something extraordinary!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.