Company: Man O' War Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 13 November 2023
Closes: 13 December 2023
RARE OPPORTUNITY - DUTY MANAGER - Waiheke Island - FULL TIME
We are looking for a dedicated Duty Manager to help run our stunning Man O'War Bay Restaurant. This role is perfect for someone who is looking for a Day Time Manager role. Hours are usually 9am-6pm. No nights. Candidate needs to reside on Waiheke and have a full drivers licence.
About Man O' War
Join us in paradise at Waiheke Islands only beachfront Cellar Door. New Zealands "Island of Wine" is not only home to vineyards, wineries and restaurants but also white sand beaches and stunning coastal scenery. Man O' War is located at the very Eastern end of the island at beautiful Man O' War. We have a genuine passion for producing the very best wine, delicious food and have a deep respect for our land.
- Lead and motivate a team of passionate and highly-skilled individuals
- Manage beverage and labour costs
- Ensuring health and safety plan is implemented and followed
- All day-to-day decision making for the Restaurant
A wide range of opportunity for promotion and growth within the company and competitive salary package.
- Experience in a similar role, 1-2 yrs minimum
- Experience in leadership and management of a high-performing, large team
- Effective and proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence with P&L and revenue reconciliation
- Experience with POS setup and management
- Experience with bookings management systems
- Flexibility, as the seasonal times are busy, fast-paced and can operate 7 days a week across a variety of rostered shifts and hours of work
- Required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- NZ Residency or a Current Work Visa is essential
- Willingness and ability to live/relocate to Waiheke
- Full valid NZ Drivers Licence
What is in it for you:
A wide range of opportunity for promotion and growth within the company and competitive salary package based on a daytime hours of operation.
- Fix term contract from December to March, with the ability to extend for the right candidate
- Day time hours - Restaurant open 11 am - 5pm 4-7 days a week
- Staff meals and drinks
- Great wine discounts
If this opportunity sounds attractive to you, please apply now with your CV.
NZ residence or valid work visa is required.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or living on Waiheke.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here