Assistant Winemaker - 15 Month Fixed Term
Company: Johnson Estate Limited t/a Spy Valley Wines
Uploaded: 10 November 2023
Closes: 10 December 2023
ASSISTANT WINEMAKER WANTED
15 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT (MATERNITY LEAVE)
Spy Valley Wines is a successful family-owned winery based in Marlborough that continues to grow and develop its award-winning wines and overseas markets.
We are looking for a talented Assistant Winemaker to join our winemaking team for a period of 15 months to cover the 2024 and 2025 vintages, as one of our team will be on parental leave.
This is a dynamic role and supports our winemaking, cellar, laboratory, and bottling teams.
Reporting to the Winemaker, the key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Assisting the Winemaker with the delivery of the winemaking plan
- Performing Cellar tasks as required
- Creating and updating cellar notes accurately. Knowledge of Vintrace advantageous.
- Performing basic laboratory analysis as required
- Assisting with the delivery of wine to the bottling line
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 4 vintages experience in the winery
- Laboratory skills, advantageous
- The ability to work quickly and reliably, both as part of a team and independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
Spy Valley Wines offer excellent working conditions in sunny Marlborough, an attractive remuneration package, and an opportunity to work with a fantastic team for this fixed term appointment. So, if this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close on 10 December 2023.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Permit.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.