Company: Vinpro Ltd
Uploaded: 06 November 2023
Closes: 06 December 2023
Join Central Otago’s leading contract winemaking, bottling and warehousing company as our new Laboratory Manager/Winemaker.
VinPro provides custom winemaking, bottling, temperature-controlled warehousing and dispatch services to our local wine growing community. Our Cromwell-based winery, located in the heart of the world renowned Central Otago region, focuses on quality wine production for clients across all of Central Otago’s sub regions. We have a modern well-resourced winery with capacity for 900 tonnes and have been crafting quality cool climate wines since 2005.
We are seeking a Laboratory Manager/Winemaker to run the winery laboratory, be responsible for winemaking compliance and keep up-to-date winery records, as well as assisting with cellar work.
While reporting to the Senior Winemaker the role requires:
- Management of our winery laboratory
- Winemaking record keeping
- Management of all systems and records for winery compliance and accreditations
- Winemaking duties in the cellar as required
- Manage our sustainability program
- Health and Safety leadership
This is a full time role and the successful applicant will have:
- A qualification in winemaking or similar
- Experience in winemaking and/or lab management in a leadership role
- A strong customer and quality focus
- Good communication skills
- Team orientation and leadership skills
- A competitive salary
- Fully funded health care (Southern Cross Wellbeing One)
- The chance to work with more than 15 of Central Otago’s leading wine brands
- The opportunity to work with fruit and growers from across the region including Waitaki
- A fun and supportive environment that includes our bottling, warehouse and admin departments
If you believe you have what it takes and would like to be part of our winery team, then we would like to hear from you.
Email Pip Mitchell at email@example.com to send through your cover letter and CV.
Please note: Only people eligible to work in NZ should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship with your application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.