Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 16 October 2023
Closes: 16 December 2023
We have positions available for Assistant Winemakers during our 2024 Vintage. We are seeking positive, capable and self-motivated individuals to join our vintage team.
- Start date – mid Feb/start March 2024. Full Time fixed term contract for up to 3 months
- Are you an excellent multi-tasker and have a keen attention for detail?
- Clear communication necessary in this role
- Pay rate $30 - $32.50 per hour depending on experience
- Marlborough Location
- On-shift meals provided
- One of New Zealand’s largest wineries
- Great team environment- work with people from all around the world!
- Staff discounts across our New Zealand product range
- Career development opportunities
It’s now more than 50 years since we introduced the world to the first Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Today our Marlborough wines are still making history. At Pernod Ricard Winemakers New Zealand, we maintain an exceptional focus on premium products as well as results.
We are New Zealand’s premier wines and Spirits Company leading the way in everything we do.
We are gearing up for another fantastic vintage and would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join the Pernod Ricard New Zealand Marlborough Winery team in early 2024.
Essential Skills and Duties Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, and a keen interest in winemaking
- You will need to have operated as an Assistant Winemaker before, and have experienced several vintages in that role
You will be assisting the winemakers with:
- Meet quality and legal specifications
- Solving technical and processing problems as they arise
- Creating Cellar work orders
Join us to grow your knowledge and be supported by experienced Winemakers from our team.
These are fixed-term, full time roles, needed for a period of 8 to 10 weeks. Vintage generally runs until mid-May; however, this may vary due to vintage conditions.
This will include shift work, and depending on what shift you work on, and in what area, you will have specific tasks to do.
We are passionate about making great wine. Our warm and friendly team are ready to show you why, and welcome you on-board!
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- To be hard working
- Have the ability to continuously improve
- Have a safety focus
- Experience in the wine making process
- Have problem-solving skills
- Have good computer skills
- Good communication skills in English
- The ability to legally work within New Zealand
You will play an important part in vintage, assisting our Winemakers to ensure the quality and technical requirements of various wines and brands are achieved.
Please note, our Marlborough winery is smoke and vape free.
This role is a fixed-term position and includes shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations.
If this sounds like an opportunity and the challenge that you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! Early applications are encouraged, and we will review applications as they arrive. Please contact us for a copy of the Position Description via email Vintage.PRWNZ@pernod-ricard.com
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.