Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: Mt Beautiful Wines
Uploaded: 12 October 2023
Closes: 14 December 2023
Vintage Cellar Hands
Mt. Beautiful based in Cheviot, North Canterbury, is looking to process 600T of estate grown fruit this year. We make Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Pinot Gris.
We will have a multi-national team of 10 people working in the cellar and laboratory. As a premium focused small winery, you will have the opportunity to experience all facets of the vintage from fruit in-take and sampling, through to vinification both red and white wines along with barrel management.
We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, hard-working, practical people who can put their hands to anything:
- Previous experience in a winery an advantage
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand
- You need to be practical, fit and prepared to work long hours
- Forklift driving skills/license are very desirable
- We are looking for one person to run the Laboratory, so laboratory experience and skills will be essential for this role
- Must be a good team player and be prepared to share experience and ideas
- Having your own vehicle is an advantage
In return for your enthusiasm and hard work, you will get great meals and firsthand winemaking experience in a fun team learning about our vineyard and wine making techniques.
We can provide discounted accommodation and will pay above average wage.
Please apply via the button above, or in writing to Alastair Maling MW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.