Permanent Cellar Hand
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 15 September 2023
Closes: 15 October 2023
Please note that this is for a Permanent Cellar Hand role and is separate to the 2024 Vintage Cellar Hand advertisement.
We’re a tight-knit, sustainability-focused group which produces acclaimed wines across all varietals. Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our Awatere Valley. As a Cellar Hand, you will be involved in all cellar operations from grape processing through to final preparation of wine for packaging.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
- General winery processes from vintage through to bottling preparation.
- Fruit receival, batch and continuous floatation, and yeast propagation processes.
- Large production to crafting small batch wines in our colourful concrete eggs.
- Additions to wine and juice.
- Centrifuge, crossflow, high solid crossflows, and barrels operations.
- As well as general winery operations and upkeep.
Along with your great attitude, you’ll have:
- A keen interest in sustainability and a passion for wine
- Previous winery experience is preferred, but not essential.
- A willingness to learn and a safety-first mindset.
- Capability to form sound foundations and work as part of a team.
- Strong initiative and understanding of how to plan/prioritise workload.
- The ability to adapt and work effectively in different situations, with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The flexibility of hours over the busy vintage period.
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics and a great work environment.
- Competitive hourly rate dependent on skills and experience ($26.70 - $30+ an hour).
- Health insurance benefits and daily transport from town to the winery.
- Employee led wellbeing initiatives, that best support Yealands people’s needs.
- Wine allowance and wine knowledge development (WSET).
- 3 weeks paid parental/partners leave, and,
- A day off on your birthday!
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
For more information, click the position description and simply submit your details, we look forward to reading your application.
ANZSCO NO. 831118 Winery Cellar Hand
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.