V24 @ Matua
Company: MATUA - TWE
Uploaded: 15 September 2023
Closes: 15 October 2023
MATUA V24 – THE BEST TEAM IN TOWN
Matua began in 1969 with a vision shared by brothers Bill and Ross Spence - to revolutionize the New Zealand wine industry. Since producing the first ever bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in 1974, Matua has been a mainstay of the New Zealand wine industry. As we celebrate our 50th Vintage we continue to make our name for quality wines, sourcing fruit from across New Zealand’s premier wine regions.
We are seeking people to join our Matua team for our V24 and share in the continued growth and success of our Iconic New Zealand wine brand.
- Outstanding level of commitment, drive and initiative
- Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others
- Good communication, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills and able to prioritize tasks
- Able to perform manual handling tasks and work long hours (a medical check will be part of the process)
- Safety mindset
- Ability to work weekends, afternoon, and night shifts, 12-hours per day 6 days per week when required during busy periods (Vintage and Blending season)
- Perform, continually develop and enhance cellar practices and operations to optimize equipment, systems and personal effectiveness
- Work effectively as an individual and as a team member
- Maintain product quality throughout all cellar operations
- Maintain the cellar and all equipment in a clean and hygienic state
- Ensure the quality, food safety, health, safety and environment standards are maintained within all cellar operations undertaken and authorized
What’s In It For You?
- Access to the world’s most admired wines through our employee product discounts
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- The best training program in Marlborough. (You’ll learn it all!!!)
- Competitive pay rate
- “Cellarbrate” awards and prizes
- Vintage treats
- 30 hs minimum work per week guarantee (75 hs max at busy periods)
If you think you are the right person, apply now!!!!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.