Senior Cellar Hand - Waihopai River Winery
Company: Marisco Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 13 September 2023
Closes: 13 October 2023
Home of our favourite brands The Ned, Leefield Station and The Kings Series, Marisco Vineyards are loacted in the Waihopai Valley of Marlborough. We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
With vineyards covering upwards of 750Ha and 2 new generation wineries, we looking to build on our existing winery team.
We are seeking a Senior Cellar Hand/Harvest Press Supervisor to be part of our awesome team, primarily located at our Waihopai River Winery in the heart of the Waihopai Valley.
In this role, experience in running a busy press team in a mid-to-large New Zealand winery is essential. You must have worked in a press area for a minimum of 5 years, with at least 3 years experience in a supervisor role. You must also be able to operate in a large, high-tech winery at pace, whilst maintaining our high standards and a safe working environment. The ability to work shift work and long hours during harvest is a must.
You will become part of a strong team that consistently delivers a high level of results and displaus the necessary attributes to ensure success. Most of all, the successful applicant must enjoy life and be ready to join a fun, dynamic team.
Main responsibilities and tasks include:
- Supporting our full-time winery team with leadership, training and supervision of vintage cellar hands
- Managing and running the press area during the harvest period and meeting the requirements of the winemaking team
- Forklift operation
- Assisting with the management of cellar cleaning and hygiene
The successful candidate will:
- Love working outdoors
- Enjoy being part of a highly-motivated, productive team in a busy workplace
- Have the ability to multi-task and have great time management skills
- Be a great communicator who enjoys working with people
- Have the ability to think on your feet and act quickly
In return we offer:
- Competitive remuneration $30 - $32 per hour
- Wine allowance
- A paid day off on your birthday (week day)
This is a full-time permanent position.
You will need your own transport and be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please apply on this site.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.