Vintage 2024 Cellar Hands
Company: Marlborough Vintners 2011 Ltd
Uploaded: 13 September 2023
Closes: 13 October 2023
Vintage at Marlborough Vintners
Marlborough – New Zealand
Located in the heart of Marlborough’s wine region, Marlborough Vintners provides contract winemaking services for a diverse range of brands throughout New Zealand as well as our own label, Ant Moore Wines. We are a dynamic company, also being home to DNA Brewery and The Fancy Cow restaurant.
Marlborough Vintners employ a large team of vintage staff from around the world to help carry out all seasonal duties in the winery and laboratory. Processing up to 14,000 tonnes of fruit, both handpicked and machine harvested, you will have the opportunity to work with a distinctive range of regional varietals and winemaking techniques from classic Sauvignon Blanc to barrel ferments and a sizable Pinot Noir program.
We’re looking for enthusiastic staff to join our talented winery team for the 2024 vintage season in Marlborough, beginning around mid-March and finishing approximately mid to late April. Marlborough Vintners have a range of fixed-term positions available.
CELLAR HANDS – Cellar or Lab
Fruit receival and processing, juice and wine transfers, additions and inoculations, juice clarification, general cellar and equipment sanitation. Winery machinery operation.
Skills & Experience:
- One prior vintage is desirable OR a keen interest to learn something new.
- Great English and general communication skills.
- Forklift experience and previous machinery operation is desirable, but not essential.
- General level of physical fitness.
Hourly Rate: $24.00 - $32.00 per hour depending on experience.
What are we offering?
- Fixed term position at our winery in Blenheim.
- Limited number of extended positions up to 6 months.
- Peak harvest shifts are 12 hours a day, 6 days per week – including weekends. Guaranteed minimum of 30 hours per week.
Marlborough Vintners will provide:
- Full induction and training including health and safety requirements.
- Support with finding accommodation.
- Transport to and from the winery during the standard vintage period.
- Work boots and other Personal Protection Equipment as required by task.
- Vintage gift packs on arrival – including Staff Discount card for our Restaurant, Brewery and Cellar Door.
- One warm meal per day during shift work.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and hot drink to keep you energised.
You will also bring:
- Ability to learn new skills and ways of doing things.
- Good level of fitness to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Motivation to complete jobs to a high standard - focusing on quality and hygiene.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and helping others.
- Flexibility to multi-task and accept shift schedules.
- Energy to work long hours and weekends.
- Willingness to accept instructions and changes in workload.
- Respect for your workmate’s ethnicity, sexuality, and culture.
- Good sense of humour.
Only people eligible to work in New Zealand should apply for this position, please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
Send your application including cover letter and current CV with at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.