Vintage Senior Cellar Hand - 15 Valley, Marlborough
Company: Indevin Group Limited
Uploaded: 08 September 2023
Closes: 08 October 2023
Founded in 2003, Indevin is New Zealand’s leading producer of high-quality wine. Our grapes come from over 3,000 hectares of planted vineyards and blended in our wineries across three of the great New Zealand wine regions - Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay, and Gisborne - giving us a scale and consistency of supply unmatched in New Zealand wine.
We’re all about authenticity and transparency so rather than bombard you with corporate jargon– here’s the real Indevin:
- We’re a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years of hard work to thank for it.
- Our business is proudly spearheaded by the Villa Maria Brand.
- We take our work, but not ourselves, too seriously.
- We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger.
- We’re very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
Vintage 2024 is fast approaching and we’re getting ready!
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there’s much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, new skills and incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to making when you're part of our vintage crew.
As we gear up for V24, we're on the hunt for multiple Vintage Senior Cellarhands to join our vintage team at our 15 Valley Winery in Marlborough!
Working a winery vintage is not an easy task - we work long hours, and it’s an extremely fast-paced environment.
You would be required to apply your vintage experience and winery skills to:
- complete senior and/or more complex tasks in our winery,
- coach/advise junior team members and act as their point of contact,
- in some instances, you may be required to lead a team as well.
If you have strong English communication skills, are great at building motivation and love a challenge, then we want to hear from you!
As a Vintage Senior Cellarhand, you will:
- Have at least two vintage experiences.
- Have winery specific experience.
- Be available to commit to the timeframes.
- Be a sound problem solver with the ability to do so under pressure.
- Be physically fit, reliable and a team player.
- Have safety at the forefront, living our ‘Safety by Choice, not by Chance’ value.
- Be able to speak English very well, give and follow instructions in English too.
- Be able to either lead a team or provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Act as a point of contact to more junior team members as and when required.
Typically, our vintages run from mid-January to end-July in Marlborough. Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
What else to expect?
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.