Vintage Cellar Hand - Hawkes Bay
Company: Indevin Group Limited
Uploaded: 08 September 2023
Closes: 08 December 2023
Founded in 2003, Indevin is New Zealand’s leading producer of high-quality wine. Our grapes come from over 3,000 hectares of planted vineyards and blended in our wineries across three of the great New Zealand wine regions - Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay, and Gisborne - giving us a scale and consistency of supply unmatched in New Zealand wine.
We’re all about authenticity and transparency so rather than bombard you with corporate jargon– here’s the real Indevin:
- We’re a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years of hard work to thank for it.
- Our business is proudly spearheaded by the Villa Maria Brand.
- We take our work, but not ourselves, too seriously.
- We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger.
- We’re very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
Vintage 2024 is fast approaching and we’re getting ready!
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there’s much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, learn new skills and make incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to as part of our vintage crew.
As we gear up for V24, we’re on the hunt for Cellar Hands to build our Vintage team, to get all the grapes in and processed into wine so we can get it out the door to NZ and international shelves.
We have a range of exciting opportunities to apply for!
- perhaps you have no winery experience but have always wanted to do a vintage, well we have a role for you!
- maybe you have done a few vintages, and want to learn even more?
- or maybe you consider yourself a bit of a vintage veteran and are capable of working in a more challenging role?
We want to hear from you all! Our recruitment team will match your experience to the best opportunity, so apply today and tell us about yourself.
Regardless of your level of experience, we will provide you with all the training you need to be successful in the role!
We do need all our Vintage crew members to:
- Be hard-working, motivated and have a can-do attitude!
- Be available to commit to the timeframes.
- Be a sound problem solver with the ability to do so under pressure.
- Be physically fit, reliable and a team player!
- Have safety at the forefront, living our ‘Safety by Choice, not by Chance’ value.
- Be able to speak English very well and follow instructions in English too, this is to ensure your safety and that of our teams.
Typically, our vintages run from mid-February to late-April in Hawkes Bay. Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
What else to expect?
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.