Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 01 September 2023
Closes: 01 October 2023
Pernod Ricard are an international family with over 19,000 employees spanning across 73 countries and are the world number 2 in the wine and spirits industry.
Our Blenheim winery, based in the Riverlands estate is looking for a new Winery Technician who will be leading the cellar team of 20 people.
If you are a passionate person with previous cellar supervisor experience, can drive continuous improvement, and have excellent communication abilities then this is the role for you. This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of Marlborough’s largest wineries.
- Lead and motivate a large group of staff
- With guidance, manage and coordinate operations staff, including during vintage: recruitment, induction, roster, payroll, assessment, training planning, day-to-day people management (injury management will be part of it)
- Assist with daily planning of winery operations
- Perform cellar hand duties when needed
- Interact with multiple internal departments and external providers
- Assist with budgeting requirements
- Ensure quality control systems are in place in accordance with Company Policy and regulations
- In conjunction with other techs involved in ordering cellar consumable, maintaining our Winery Operational procedures up to date
- Minimum 4 full years’ experience as a cellar hand
- Experience with direct reports/supervisor/team leader role
- Recruitment experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, proactive and strong leadership attitude
- Good Knowledge of winery related tools, machinery and process
- Good logistic, time management and planning skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Very strong health and safety culture
- Ability to prepare and deliver educational presentations or inductions
What’s in for you:
- Competitive salary
- Work phone (Iphone)
- Generous product allowance (Pernod Ricard Wine and Spirits Portfolio)
- Following 12 months of service, access to medical insurance for you and your family
- Generous parental leave policy
- Life insurance
- Free physio appointments if needed / Skin checks / Flu shots
- Career Development / University Supported E-learning Platform
- Working with a team that care about you.
If you want to work with people who acknowledge you and the value you bring, then apply now! You too can be part of the Pernod Ricard Way.
Only those with full, unrestricted working rights in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.