Vintage Cellar Hand 2024
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 29 August 2023
Closes: 29 November 2023
Here at Yealands, we are still buzzing from our International Wine Challenge, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc Trophy win! We know that our “flagship style” of wine comes down to our high-performing teams and our iconic Awatere Valley location.
We are looking for awesome people with:
- Fantastic communication skills
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multitask
- Performs well in a high-pressure environment
- Strong sense of best practice in a health & safety focused workplace
- A team player with a good sense of humour (and the ability to put up with ours!)
Previous winery experience of one vintage (or one year of transferable industry skills) is preferred, but if you are not afraid of hard work and long hours, we’d still love to hear from you!
The successful applicants would be hired on a full-time, fixed term agreement, with an expected to start in late-February. During the peak harvest, the hours will be 12-hour shifts, six days a week. While the hours outside of peak harvest shall be a minimum of 35 hours per week over Monday to Sunday.
Non-NZ citizens will need to be eligible for a New Zealand work visa.
You will support the Winemaking and Cellar teams in all operations such as:
- Fruit receival
- Red or white cellar work
- Wine and juice transfers
- Winery sanitation
- Wine barrel work, and;
- Additions to juice and wine
- Sampling and testing product.
As well as a stunning place to work, we’ll provide:
- Competitive pay ($26.70 - $30 an hour, dependent on experience)
- Access to shared accommodation
- Meal provided while working the 12-hour shifts and the occasional treat
- Transport to and from the winery
- A fun, friendly environment!
Sound good? Get in touch – and we can’t wait to potentially have you for vintage 2024! Please include a full CV and note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test prior to starting work.
Take a trip around the White Road and come visit our Cellar Door to understand a bit more about us and where these roles are based - we are on the Corner Seaview and Reserve Roads New Zealand Seddon, Blenheim!
ANZSCO NO. 831118 Winery Cellar Hand
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.