Company: Monte Christo Winery
Uploaded: 22 August 2023
Closes: 22 September 2023
Monte Christo Winery, located in Central Otago is a 22 ha family-owned estate launching our wines, cellar door experience and vacation accommodations for the first time in November 2023. We craft premium Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Riesling from across our vineyards in the Bannockburn, Pisa, Clyde, and Alexandra sub-regions.
With a strong focus on organic and regenerative production, we are looking for a motivated person to join our small and dedicated team.
Ideally, you will have previous three to five years vineyard experience with knowledge of machinery operation.
A diploma or degree in viticulture is preferred but not essential as Monte Christo Winery is willing to support the right person with ongoing training.
- Involved in all aspects of growing high quality, premium wine across multiple sites.
- Working with the viticulturist and supervising the existing team and overseeing contractors.
- Ability to work flexible hours especially around frost fighting and harvest.
- Great time management, current and future vineyard planning and problem solving essential.
- Able to work well alone, with a strong focus on Health and Safety management. Eagerness to learn and explore new ideas.
What is in it for you:
A competitive wage and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of one of Central Otago’s newest and most exciting wineries.
Monte Christo Winery is looking for someone to start in this newly-created position as soon as possible to give you time to learn about our operation before the upcoming growing season.
For further information about this position or about Monte Christo Winery please visit our website www.montechristowinery.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.