Company: Seville Estate
Uploaded: 15 August 2023
Closes: 15 September 2023
Seville Estate is a pioneer of the Yarra Valley wine industry and is considered one of Australia’s premium wineries, consistently receiving widespread acclaim and many prestigious awards, including the Halliday Awards, Winery of the Year in 2019.
Located in the Upper Yarra, we have a wide variety of grape varieties and soil types across several different sites – with a heavy focus on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Shiraz.
We are seeking a Vineyard Manager/Viticulturist who can develop a yearly plan for quality and then execute this plan with high level practical skills. You will be responsible for all things vineyard across a number of different properties, helping to drive quality improvements year on year.
- Executing the range of practical tasks in an annual vineyard cycle such as pruning, fungicide spraying, weed management, canopy management, netting and harvesting.
- Overseeing contract labour where required, promoting safe work practices and respectful working relationships.
- Developing an annual plan for viticulture based on data, with a focus on improving yield and wine quality
- Managing vineyard staff to increase job satisfaction, efficiency and upskilling
- Overseeing new plantings and vineyard establishment
- Managing the annual vineyard budget to maximise return on capital
- Working and liaising with property owners of leased properties to ensure positive, long-term working relationships
- Working closely with the Head Winemaker to deliver fruit that meets their quality parameters
- Marketing and promotional activities, as required
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the viticultural program of an iconic Australian producer; working with some of the Yarra’s oldest and most iconic vineyards.
If you have a passion for viticulture and fine wine and have significant viticultural experience, then we would love to hear from you.
A valid Driver’s License and Australian Residency are mandatory requirements.
A highly competitive salary package based on skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.