Laboratory and Compliance Manager
Company: Links Winery Ltd
Uploaded: 18 May 2023
Closes: 18 June 2023
Links Winery Limited Laboratory and Compliance Manager
Links Winery is a large, family-owned, and operated company based in the Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
We provide complete contract winemaking services, from grape receival right through to pre-bottling preparation, including everything in between.
We also process grapes from our expanding vineyard base through to finished wine to meet the needs of multiple long-term wine customers.
We require an experienced Laboratory Technician, with Quality Systems skills to join our small core team, on a long-term basis. We operate from a modern and purpose-built facility and work for some of New Zealand's leading wine producers.
You will manage the Links winery Quality management system in compliance with regulations and customer requirements and be the sole-charge Laboratory Technician, responsible for the laboratory's effective operation on a daily basis.
As lab manager, you will be responsible for recruitment and training of the harvest lab technician, ensuring chemical tests on juice and wine are completed and analysing results to support the Winemaker.
You will control the laboratory's budget, as well as the Quality Assurance system for checking and improving upon the winery's performance.
You will maintain the Links Winery Health and Safety system, ensuring training and induction processes are followed and develop/improve the H&S system with company growth.
The position requires:
- At least three years of relevant experience or an equivalent technical qualification.
- Experience and competency in analytical methods for wine and juices.
- Experience with HACCP Quality systems and auditing, an understanding of Wine regulations including SWNZ and WSMP is a plus.
- Experience with health and safety systems.
- A sound understanding of winemaking processes and technical knowledge is an advantage.
- A proven ability to provide attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound administration skills.
- Time management, organisational skills, along with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong work ethic.
- The ability to operate under pressure.
- The ability to work well within a small team environment.
A working knowledge of Vintrace would be advantageous but is not a requirement.
Please apply in writing, including a cover letter describing how you meet the job requirements, an up-to-date CV (resume) and at least two relevant referees that can be contacted.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.