Company: Spring Creek Vintners Ltd
Uploaded: 17 May 2023
Closes: 17 June 2023
You are an experienced Vineyard Manager wanting to move into a senior role within a world class wine business and are passionate and committed to viticulture and wine. You will ideally have a minimum of 5 years vineyard management experience and demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a great team.
This is an ideal role for a self-driven, results-orientated person who can foster an excellent team culture. You don’t mind getting stuck in with the team but also have an eye on quality, safety and ensuring best practice in all areas of vineyard operations.
You will be working closely with some of New Zealand’s leading viticulturists, winemakers and industry experts who will assist you to manage our 130ha Blind River Vineyard situated 5.6km south of Seddon, including leading an established team in the planning and implementation of all viticultural activities.
Spring Creek Vintners is a leading family-owned Marlborough wine business exporting a portfolio of award-winning wines under the Rapaura Springs and Summerhouse brands.
Since launch, 19 years ago, the company has experienced significant global growth to be one of the top 15 New Zealand Wine companies by volume. Ongoing investment in a state-of-the-art winery, vineyard assets and a world-class winemaking team, provide a platform for continued expansion via partnerships with world-renowned distributors and retailers.
- Manage all BRV vineyard operations and lead an established team
- Ensure BRV is operating within SWNZ requirements
- Lead staff training
- Oversee all machinery operations and spray applications
- Plan and implement irrigation and trellis maintenance
- Manage harvest operations
- Ensure industry best practise is implemented and maintained
- Continual focus on improving efficiencies, and upholding the team’s commitment to both quality & safety
- Viticultural industry background, with experience in vineyard management
- Knowledge and experience with SWNZ requirements and grape link spray diary
- Experience with frost protection systems
- Experience in developing new vineyard sites, would be an advantage
- Managing teams
- Computer literacy – Word and Excel
- Strengths in relating to people, and driving solutions
- Ability to develop relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail and knack for process and documentation
- Based in Marlborough, or in a position to relocate, with unrestricted working rights within NZ
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic family-owned company and team that is continually increasing its presence in the overseas wine market that believes in working hard, having fun and passionate about making great wine.
A salary package will be negotiated relative to experience and skills.
Please note: applications for this role will be reviewed as and when they are received, so please don’t hesitate to register your interest.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.