Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 17 May 2023
Closes: 17 June 2023
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Cellar Hand to join the winery team at Cloudy Bay. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to a premium, modern and friendly work environment and develop your skills further with good training and task diversity. Our Cellar Hands are responsible for maintaining the quality of wine throughout processing, fermentation and ageing, and then the delivery of finished product to Production.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as:
- Using your attention to detail to monitor the quality of the wine within time parameters
- Acting on quality problems and using your judgement to escalate some issues
- Preparing still wines in readiness for bottling
- Following SOPs to perform all cellar duties in accordance with plans delivered by the Winemakers and OHS standards
- Participating in the Vintage season as a team leader
- Ensuring that work areas are maintained in an appropriate state of cleanliness, organization and hygiene
In order to be successful in this position you will:
- Have at least 3 - 5 years cellar experience
- Have a previous experience within a production environment
- Have a comprehensive understanding of basic winemaking principles
- Have previous experience in supervising others during Harvest/Vintage season
- Have developed written and verbal skills
- Understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene codes of conduct
To apply, please visit: Cellar Hand - Cloudy Bay Vineyards (workable.com)
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.