Uploaded: 14 March 2023
Closes: 14 April 2023
There is no better place and team than Yealands, which is in the beautiful Awatere Valley. We are a tight-knit team that is focused on producing delicious sustainable wine and we are looking for a Vineyard Foreperson to join the crew!
This role backs the Vineyard Managers with the day-to-day operations, provide guidance, supervision and support to the Vineyard Operators. This role is actively involved in all vineyard work and ensuring commitment and compliance to H&S legislation.
- Supporting the implementation and control of the vineyard management work plan
- Operating the vineyard under Sustainable Winegrowing programme guidelines
- Supporting with the organisation, coordination and overseeing of the harvesting operations
- Promoting harmonious cooperation and willingness amongst staff on the vineyard
- Actively monitor and implement Health & Safety throughout the vineyard
To be successful in your application you will have:
- A sound knowledge of the industry, with proven experience
- The ability to positively lead and support a team
- A working knowledge of H&S practices
- A good sense of humour and strong work ethic
- The tools and guidance to excel at your role!
Here at Yealands, we aim to create a workplace where our people can be themselves, feel, and perform at their best with a sustainable approach to workplace wellbeing. This means empowering our people to implement wellbeing initiatives that support themselves and those around them.
Other fantastic benefits that you’ll be eligible for are:
- A competitive hourly rate, with a skills-based matrix to plan your career
- Transport to and from the Estate to Blenheim
- 3 weeks company paid parental/partners leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Generous wine allowance, health insurance and EAP support
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to have a Class 1 driving license, and undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test, and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
For more information, check out the Position Description, simply submit your details here and we will prioritise your application today!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.