Company: Foley Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 03 March 2023
Closes: 03 April 2023
The Runholder – Winery Restaurant, Tasting Room & Gin Distillery
Opening in May, The Runholder is the new home of Te Kairanga, Martinborough Vineyard and Lighthouse Gin in Martinborough.
Nestled on the edge of the famed Martinborough Terrace, our restaurant, tasting room and distillery gather together Wairarapa’s best food, fine wines and famous gin under one roof, with spectacular views of Martinborough’s rolling countryside.
Guests will feast on contemporary menus of local produce, enjoy the wines of two iconic Martinborough wineries, and see the distiller at work while sipping on Martinborough’s original gin & tonic.
We are looking for a full-time Restaurant Manager to be the face of our home in Martinborough and as such take responsibility for full day-to-day operations of the Restaurant. As a new venue, a major focus is required on establishing high standards and a great culture to enable the team to deliver memorable wine and dining experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior role in the hospitality industry – 5+ years of management and supervisory experience in a bar and food service environment
- Proven experience in staff leadership and development
- Experience in POS, reservations and rostering systems
- Sound working knowledge of HR practices
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral and written skills and confident communicator
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Good computer literacy
- Current LCQ and New Zealand General Managers certificate essential
We love Martinborough, and we love creating memorable food, wine and gin experiences. If you share our passion, we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch by using the link provided.
In addition to this role we have a number full-time and part-time roles available in our culinary, restaurant and tasting room teams. If you are interested in joining us, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
The Runholder is part of Foley Wines, a collection of iconic wineries and brands including Te Kairanga, Martinborough Vineyard, Mt Difficulty, Vavasour, Grove Mill and Lighthouse Gin. Each with a unique story to tell, our wineries and destinations are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to create memorable wine and dining experiences at home and around the world.
Across The Runholder, the Mt Difficulty Winery Restaurant & Cellar Door, our close relationship with luxury lodge Wharekauhau Country Estate, and with our sister company Foley Hospitality, there is plenty of opportunity to grow your hospitality career with us.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.