Indevin/Villa Maria Vintage 2023 - Machinery Operator
Company: Indevin Group
Uploaded: 18 January 2023
Closes: 18 February 2023
With harvest fast approaching, we are looking for vineyard Machinery Operators with all levels of experience to contribute to the successful undertaking of harvest ’23.
Whether you’re a seasoned harvest veteran, an ambitious up-and-comer looking to take the next step, or just want to give it a go - we want a Machinery Operator just like you!
About the Role
As a Harvest Machinery Operator, you’ll be operating vineyard machinery such as Gondolas and Harvesters across the Marlborough region over the busy harvest period – there are a variety of roles available in our harvest teams to suit every skill level, with comprehensive on-the-job training provided to get you up to speed.
This role will run from February 2023 through to Mid-April 2023 and will involve working 12-hour shifts through the peak of harvest.
If you have your full or restricted drivers licence, are looking to work outdoors, put in the hard work and have a great time doing it – this is the role for you! You will be physically fit, practical, and proactive in your approach to work, with a reliable “can do – will do” attitude. While we do prefer some experience in machinery operation, attitude, motivation, and a willingness to learn are just as important.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience in operating harvest specific machinery and equipment
- Flexibility to work additional or irregular hours
- A great attitude and sense of humour
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible start date – as early as January 2023
- Professional yet fun, family-feel environment – we’re not just saying that either
- Harvest meal provided
- The opportunity for long-term positions for the right candidates
All successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test in accordance with the Indevin Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Sound like you? Share your talents with us today by clicking APPLY NOW
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.