Vintage 2023 Cellar Hands
Company: Awatere River Wine Company
Uploaded: 11 January 2023
Closes: 11 February 2023
Awatere River Wine Company is located in Marlborough’s Awatere Valley producing premium Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Methode sparkling wine from our vineyards.
Awatere River Wine Company is part of Booster Wine Group which is a collection of NZ wineries including Waimea Estates, Bannock Brae and Sileni Wines. Booster, through it’s Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand’s agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit and through investments in the wine industry.
It is here at the Awatere River Wine Company where we are now recruiting for dynamic, reliable team players to join our Marlborough based winery as Vintage Cellar Hands for the 2023 Harvest.
Our ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous winery vintage experience – not essential as full training is provided
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Appetite for hard work
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
Benefits and Culture:
- Competitive wage rate
- Shift meal provided
- Assistance finding accommodation
- Increase your knowledge of Wine
- Full on-the-job training
As a medium-sized winery we can offer you a variety of work, exposure to numerous aspects of the winemaking process, and the opportunity to be part of a close-knit, friendly team who are dedicated to producing quality wines.
The vintage positions will commence at the end of February with employment durations available dependent on your experience. During the peak of harvest, staff will be required to work a 12-hour shift on either a day or night team, for 6-7 days per week. A daily vintage meal will be provided over this peak harvest period.
If this sounds like you, please forward a CV and a covering letter outlining your main areas of experience via the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Overseas applicants must be able to obtain a Working Holiday visa allowing them to work legally in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.