Vintage Cellar Hand 2023
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 12 December 2022
Closes: 12 February 2023
Yealands has an opportunity for hard-working Cellar Hands to provide some good vibes and support our beautiful winery for Vintage 2023!
We are looking for awesome people with:
- Fantastic communication skills
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multitask
- Performs well in a high-pressure environment
- A team player with a good sense of humour (and the ability to put up with ours!)
Previous winery experience of one vintage (or one year of transferable industry skills) is preferred, but if you are not afraid of hard work and long hours, we’d still love to hear from you! The successful applicants would be expected to start in late-February and during the peak harvest, hours will be 12-hour shifts, six days a week. While the hours outside of peak harvest shall be a minimum of 35 hours per week over Monday to Sunday.
You will support the Winemaking and Cellar teams in all operations such as:
- Fruit receival
- Red or white cellar work
- Wine and juice transfers
- Winery sanitation
- Wine barrel work, and
- Additions to juice and wine
- Sampling and testing product
As well as a stunning place to work, we’ll provide:
- Competitive pay ($24 - $28 an hour, dependent on experience)
- Shared Accommodation
- Meals provided while working the 12-hour shifts and the occasional treat
- Transport to and from the winery
- A fun, friendly environment!
Keen? Get in touch – we can’t wait to have you for vintage 2023!
Please include a full CV and note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment frug and alcohol test prior to starting work. For more information please check our listing here!
Take a trip round the White Road and come visit our Cellar Door to understand a bit more about us - we are on the Cnr Seaview and Reserve Roads New Zealand Seddon, Blenheim!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.