Company: Indevin Group
Uploaded: 25 November 2022
Closes: 25 December 2022
At Villa Maria we are just as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine and we are excited to announce a new opportunity to join the Winery team in Marlborough!
We are now seeking Permanent Cellar Hand candidates to join us in Marlborough.
As a Cellar Hand, you will:
- Have experience working as a Cellar Hands and have worked multiple Vintages
- Be a sound problem solver with the ability to do so under pressure
- Be physically fit, reliable and a team player
- Have safety at the forefront, living our Safety by Choice, not by Chance value
- Ensure fruit is received into the winery in a safe manner
- Carry out cleaning of tanks and cellar equipment
- Handle and use cleaning chemicals in accordance with safety standards
What we need from you:
- Share our culture of Health & Safety first and be eager to learn our processes and procedures
- Experience working in a similar role and proven reliability in key winery processes such as wine movements, filtration and harvest will be highly valued
- Enjoy a challenge and being part of a team
- Be physically fit and have a positive attitude with a hands-on approach
- Be self-motivated and energetic with a great work ethicThe ability to multitask and work well under pressure while having a strong attention to detail
- Forklift competency will be highly valued
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours and weekends during the Harvest season
- Desire to be an active participant & keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail and strive to produce high-quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
- Willingness to learn and comply with winery regulations & compliance
- Interest, and/or experience in winery production methods – operating equipment and machinery
- Minimum experience 1 year in manufacturing or similar environment
What’s in it for you?
If you’re looking for a role that will keep you challenged, feeling energized and like you are a valued part of business success then this is the role for you! Our priority and investment in the wellbeing, development and diversity of our people is core to our purpose. You will be cared for, remunerated well, and supported in your career aspirations.
Other great benefits include:
- 1x You Day per annum – a day for you, to do what you choose!
- Additional company paid parental leave
- Wellness allowance
- Wine allowance
In return, we will offer you a safe and supportive work environment with competitive remuneration. You will also benefit from our comprehensive training program.
If you want to have the opportunity to work with our highly dedicated team of passionate people and make fantastic wines, we would love to hear from you!
Only people who are physically residing and are eligible to work in New Zealand should apply. Evidence of a Work Visa or Residency will be required.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.