Indevin/Villa Maria Vintage 2023 Kitchen Assistants Marlborough
Company: Indevin Group
Uploaded: 25 November 2022
Closes: 25 December 2022
It’s almost Vintage time at Indevin Group – New Zealand’s largest wine producer and home to the iconic, acclaimed and highly awarded Villa Maria brand. We’re now recruiting for V23 across both our Indevin and Villa Maria sites.
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there’s much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, new skills and incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to making when you're part of our vintage crew.
We’re looking to recruit Kitchen Assistants to help fuel our team over vintage 2023 (8 weeks). Typically, vintage starts late-February, finishing in late-April. During the busiest 4-5 weeks of harvest, you will be working 12-hour shifts over a five day week – a great opportunity to make extra cash and build tight bonds with your team.
Reporting to the Catering Coordinator, your job will be to provide support to the kitchen team, preparing meals for our busy winery staff along with cleaning and dishwashing duties in the kitchen and cafeteria.
Previous kitchen experience is preferred, but attitude, motivation and a willingness to learn are most important, and training will be provided to the right candidate.
If you are someone who likes a challenge, being part of a motivated team in a fast-paced, high octane, creative environment with a lot of humour and desire for getting the job done, this is the role for you.
You must be practical and proactive in your approach to work, be physically fit and reliable with a “can do – will do” attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive renumeration package
- Shuttle transport available to and from work during vintage
- Professional yet fun, family-feel environment – we aren’t just saying that either
- Opportunity to contribute to a growing successful Marlborough Winery
- Access to our exclusive wine club which is the only place you can purchase our secret award winning wine label (and we sell it at cost)
All successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test in accordance with the Indevin Drug and Alcohol Policy.
If you have a preference of which winery site you would prefer to work at (Indevin or Villa Maria) then let us know! We’re happy to accommodate.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.