Company: Marisco Vineyards
Uploaded: 22 November 2022
Closes: 22 December 2022
Home of our favourite brands, The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough. We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
With vineyards covering upwards of 950 Ha and two new generation wineries in the Waihopai Valley, we are looking for an Assistant Winemaker to support our existing winery team structure.
Assistant Winemaker – Full time
The Assistant Winemaker will become an integral member of the Winemaking team whilst working closely with the Cellar Operations Manager, with key responsibilities of the role being:
- Assisting the Winemaker and Senior Winemaker with the planning and execution of all winemaking operations
- Writing and updating winemaking operations
- Taking a leading role in the recruitment of harvest staff
- Supporting the Cellar Operations Manager with maintaining staff training records to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Supervising a shift over the vintage period
- Contributing to a positive workplace where continual improvement of Wine Safety & Quality Systems and staff well-being are at the forefront of team culture
- Previous experience and a sound understanding of winemaking and cellar operations in a mid to large-sized winery
- Tertiary qualification in winemaking
- Familiarity with winery record-keeping software – experience with Vintrace, will be advantageous
- Experience using Mango or similar QHSE software is advantageous
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for producing high-quality wines
The successful applicant will become part of a strong team that consistently delivers a high level of results and displays the necessary attributes to ensure success. Most of all, the successful applicant must enjoy life and be ready to join a fun, dynamic team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.