Vintage 2023 Cellar Hands
Company: Nautilus Estate
Uploaded: 21 November 2022
Closes: 07 December 2022
The Perfectly proportioned Nautilus shell has inspired the Hill-Smith family to create beautiful, precisely-balanced wines since 1985, the early days of Marlborough wines.
Commencing in early-March 2023, through the harvest period to late-April 2023, Nautilus Estate has multiple (four) opportunities for Cellar Hands to join our team at our winery in Marlborough.
About the role
These positions will comprise of up to 12-hour shifts, up to 7 days a week during the peak of vintage and will involve indoor and outdoor work, sometimes at heights.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Crushing and pressing grapes
- Managing ferments
- Juice and Wine transfers
- Demonstrating a commitment to safety and adhering to company guidelines and procedures
- You will be a self-starter with a great attitude.
- Your ability to pick up tasks and learn quickly will be vital to your success, as will your ability to operate in a smart and safe manner.
- Ideally, you will have worked in a cellar, manufacturing or agriculture/horticulture, for a minimum of 12 months (this may be over several seasons).
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- Be reliable and punctual and display the values of teamwork, positivity and accountability at all times.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate & meal provided per shift.
- Full on the job training is provided.
- A fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the wine industry and develop transferable skills.
- The chance to work with a passionate and supportive team.
Please note these positions are available to candidates with the ability to lawfully work in New Zealand or obtain the right to lawfully work in New Zealand.
Prior to commencement, satisfactory completion of drug and alcohol testing will be required
Hourly rate: $24.00 - $30.00 depending on experience. Minimum 30 hours per week.
Please forward your resume to Stuart Hearn, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
Applications close 7th December 2022.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.