Vintage 2023 Assistant Winemaker - Gisborne
Company: Villa Maria Estate Limited
Uploaded: 15 November 2022
Closes: 15 December 2022
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there’s much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, new skills and incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to making when you're part of our vintage crew.
As we gear up for V23, we’re on the hunt for our V23 Assistant Winemakers to join our Winemaking teams, to get all the grapes in and processed into wine so we can get it out the door to NZ and international shelves.
As a Vintage Assistant Winemaker, you will:
- Have experience working in a large scale winery during vintage
- Assist with cross-functional communication with our Winemaking, Lab, and Cellar teams to ensure our quality standards are achieved
- Be actively involved in juice and ferment monitoring
- Have a strong systems focus, working with our Winemakers and daily planner to assist in developing and updating cellar operations
- Contribute to the stylistic direction of the wines with involvement in blending decisions and tasting trials
- Be available to commit to the timeframe
- Be a sound problem solver with the ability to do so under pressure
- Be physically fit, reliable and a team player
- Have safety at the forefront, living our Safety by Choice, not by Chance value
Typically, our vintages run from early-February to early-April in Gisborne.
Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
Working a winery vintage is not an easy task - we work long hours, and it’s an extremely fast-paced environment. Everyone needs to stay on task, on time and work together – that’s where your leadership skills come in. We’re looking for someone who can get the best out of their team and motivate them to achieve. If you have strong communication skills, are great at building motivation and love a challenge.
What else to expect?
- This is a fast-paced environment and involves a fair amount of manual labour and concentration.
- You’ll need to be available to work shifts of up to 12 hours at vintage peak and a minimum of a 30 hour week... for the early starters, your reward will be the amazing views and sunrises from the top of the tanks.
- You need to be prepared (if required) to undertake a pre-employment medical examination and drug and alcohol test.
If you’re up for a working adventure with one of New Zealand’s best-loved wineries, get in touch today… and if you didn't start with a passion for wine, you might just leave with one.
Share your talents with us today by clicking APPLY NOW
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here