Vineyard Manager - Organic/Biodynamic
Company: Black Estate Limited
Uploaded: 15 November 2022
Closes: 15 December 2022
Organic & Biodynamic winery looking for next Vineyard Manager.
We're a certified organic & biodynamic winery in North Canterbury, 45 minutes north of Christchurch. We have three small hillside vineyards comprising 24 ha of planted vines.
We are looking for our next Vineyard Manager. The role is hands-on, wine-focused and meaningful.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Field team supervision and work planning
- Machinery operation and maintenance
- Spray scheduling
- Managing health and safety reporting
- Reporting to the winemaker/owner
This is a great opportunity for a person who is interested in working in a small team with the aim of producing high quality, original wine. A love of nature would be essential.
- Being part of and leading a small and passionate team
- Competitive remuneration plus wine allowance
- Petrol allowance and car pooling arranged from Christchurch
- Working for a renowned organic and biodynamic NZ wine producer
- Ongoing training and support in viticulture, regenerative farming, management and wine
- Yoga classes every Friday for all members of the team
We’re looking for a person who:
- Has great people skills and can motivate and encourage a team
- Has full knowledge of the growing season, is competent on tractor and has experience or a passion for organic, regenerative and biodynamic farming
- Is interested in being part of the North Canterbury wine community
- Likes wine
- Has resilience to work in a challenging cool climate region
This is a rare and exciting opportunity and the first time we have advertised for this position.
Please apply to Nicholas Brown at email@example.com with your CV and let us know why you would like to work with us.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here