Company: Marisco Vineyards
Uploaded: 14 November 2022
Closes: 14 December 2022
Home of our favourite brands, The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough. We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
With vineyards covering upwards of 950 Ha and two new-generation wineries in the Waihopai Valley, we are looking for a Laboratory Manager to join our team and perform a key role in the winemaking process at Marisco.
Laboratory Manager – Full time
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of two years of experience managing a winery laboratory
- A detailed understanding of all laboratory operations and equipment, including routine maintenance, calibration, data entry and record keeping
- A detailed understanding of all routine winery laboratory analysis, including trial work
- Great organisation skills to ensure daily tasks are completed on time and that no job is delayed due to poor laboratory stock control
- A sound understanding of Health & Safety and Wine Safety & Quality systems. A full understanding of the requirements of BRCGS would also be a significant advantage
- The laboratory is the central hub of the winery so strong communication skills are paramount, as is the ability to build and maintain good relationships with the Winemaking and Cellar teams, as well as all key suppliers
- Sound understanding of what is required to prepare and manage laboratory-based budgets
- Strong staff management and leadership skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
The Marisco Vineyards Laboratory Manager’s role provides an opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art Marlborough-based winery laboratory, with much of the latest winery equipment. We are a business with strong values and a culture that encourages having fun whilst working within a friendly, approachable team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.