Senior Cellar Supervisor
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 08 November 2022
Closes: 23 November 2022
Senior Cellar Supervisor
- Want to work with an Iconic New Zealand Brand and a multi award-winning business
- Want to contribute in an outstanding team environment?
- Want to improve your winemaking experience in one of New Zealand’s most stunning places?
If so, then read on…
Firstly, a bit about us – The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage where they export premium quality wine across the world.
We are now looking for keen and experienced people to join our cellar team as the Senior Cellar Supervisor.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing support and oversee staff in a specific area of responsibility
- Supporting the Cellar Master
- Developing training plans
- Managing staff training needs
- Reviewing SOP’s
- Signing of jobs
- Completing work orders as issued by the Cellar Master and Winemaking team
To be successful, you will:
- Exhibit a passion for making wine and the wine industry
- Have values and work ethic aligned with the Giesen way of working
- Be able to problem solve and have strong attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Have skills and/or life experience that adds value to our team
- Be energetic, motivated and hard-working
- Have good English speaking and writing skills
- Be physically fit and have a great attitude
- Have worked in a winery with a minimum 4-year extensive cellar experience as a Senior Cellar Hand/Supervisor
- Formal training in confined spaces, working at height and elevated work platform
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Forklift ‘F’ endorsement
In return, we will:
- Provide you an awesome environment and the opportunity to work with a world class team of hardworking passionate people
- Offer you full time employment
- Offer a fun, safe and friendly working environment
- Offer a competitive remuneration, starting at from $27.76hr, based on your experience
- Product allowance
- Annual medical scheme
The typical working week is between 07:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday. Shift work and night shifts may be required and during the peak of vintage you’ll be working up to 12-hour shifts across 6 days. Minimum 32 hours a week. Two positions available.
Our winery is located at, 26 Bristol Street, Riverland, Blenheim, Marlborough, NZ.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you so please send your CV to email@example.com or for further information email for a position description.
ANZSCO occupation code 831118
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.