Uploaded: 08 November 2022
Closes: 08 December 2022
We are a tight-knit, sustainability-focused team which produces a selection of delicious wines and we are looking for a permanent Cellar Hand to join us. This is your opportunity to play an important part in the production of our award-winning wines!
Here at Yealands, we aim to create a workplace where our people can be themselves and feel and perform at their best, with a sustainable approach to workplace wellbeing. This means empowering our people to implement wellbeing initiatives that support themselves and those around them.
The role is very hands-on, and you will be involved in all cellar operations from grape processing, through to final preparation of wine for packaging.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
- Fruit receival and processing
- Additions to wine/juice
- Wine intake/dispatch, and
- General winery upkeep and cleaning.
Although previous experience is preferred, if you’re a hard worker, have a great attitude, love having fun, and have a passion for sustainable winemaking, we’re keen to hear from you!
Along with your great attitude, you’ll have:
- A keen interest in sustainability and the wine industry
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Strong initiative, are self-motivated and work well under pressure
- The ability to work flexible hours over vintage
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics
- Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
- 3 weeks paid parental/partners leave
- A day off on your birthday!
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.