Vintage 2023 Positions
Company: Allan Scott Family Winemakers
Uploaded: 02 November 2022
Closes: 02 December 2022
Located in Blenheim, Allan Scott Family Winemakers is one of New Zealand’s iconic wine brands which is 100% privately owned and operated by the Scott family. We operate our own vineyards in both Marlborough and Central Otago, a 3,000-ton winery, restaurant, cellar door and company-owned warehouses.
The Scott family are innovative and adventurous winemakers with an unparalleled desire to let everyone try the best of what New Zealand has had to offer since 1975.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions to join our dedicated winery team. You will be involved in all aspects of harvest production, from grape receival, crushing and processing through to fermentation management and cooperage operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark in the industry.
Experienced Cellar Hands – Cellar or Lab-based (5 required)
About the role:
- You will have solid leadership and training skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Experience operating equipment in at least one of the following areas: grape receival, floatation, RDV/filtration, and fermentation management
- At least four vintages experience (or two in a large-scale winery)
- Formal qualifications in winemaking or a related field are desired, but not required
- Previous experience in a vintage supervisory role would be an advantage
- Able to work 12-hour days 6/7 days a week, with a minimum of 32 hours a week increasing to 72 during our peak harvest time, either on a day or night shifts
Hourly rate: $28.00 - $30.00 depending on experience
Vintage Cellar Hands – Cellar or Lab-based (10/12 required)
About the role:
- You will have great verbal communication and a practical roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a close team
- Work well within a team in one of the following areas and able to operate winery machinery: Grape receival and processing, Continuous and batch flotation, RDV filtration of juice lees, General cellar work including additions, transfers, and cleaning
- Able to work 12-hour days 6 days a week, with a minimum of 32 hours a week increasing to 72 during our peak harvest time, either on day or night shifts
- No experience is necessary, just a positive attitude, as all training is provided
Hourly rate: $25.00 - $28.00 depending on experience
We are looking for all applicants who have a strong safety focus, have a reasonable level of physical fitness, and are available to work from late-February/early-March until the end of the season (typically 8 to 10 weeks). There is the potential to work beyond Vintage, up to the end of May/June 2023, for the right applicant(s). A passion for wine would be highly-regarded.
Please note these positions are available to candidates with the ability to lawfully work in New Zealand or obtain the right to lawfully work in New Zealand.
Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.