Cellar Door Manager
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 01 November 2022
Closes: 01 December 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, we’re looking for a Cellar Door Manager to ensure a seamless and outstanding Brand Experience to all visitors of our Marlborough Visitor Centre, by closely managing the Visitor Center staff, developing our offering and ensure smooth back-office operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to share both your wine knowledge and your passion for hospitality and crafting memorable customer experiences. Thanks to your team leadership skills, you will support the Visitor Centre’s staff in converting local and international visitors into ambassadors of Cloudy Bay.
Our Cellar Door is open seven days a week, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Setting and maintaining an outstanding level of Visitor Center (VC) customer service to all visitors. Lead by example, demonstrating best practice service at all times
- Day-to-day management of Cellar Door
- Take active responsibility in ensuring every Visitor Center (VC) team member goes home safely
- Achieve to the department financial KPI’s through close monitoring of costs and creating development opportunities
- Handle safely and securely all cash and manage the security of the building and assets
- Managing, coaching and constantly developing the Cellar Door team to keep their motivation and performance at the highest level
- Maintaining a positive, open and productive team dynamic and work culture within the Cellar Door team thanks to clear communication and a goal-setting approach.
- Organise and supervise shifts
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual sales reports
- Coordinate of events
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Event Management or Hospitality
- Significant experience working in a similar role, supervising staff and overseeing Cellar Door operations
- Leadership and people management skills, in particular the ability to motivate and enthuse team members
- Solid operational capabilities across all functions of the Cellar Door, including retail, tasting counter, event and a restaurant/bar
- Languages: Excellent English compulsory, strong written English required. Secondary language would be beneficial, but not required
- Strong passion for wine, food and hospitality a priority
- Proficient on Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Lead by example management style, very hands on and operational
- Strong leadership and team building skill to develop a positive team climate
- Knowledge of best practices in all areas of service, sales and wine.
- Flexible - able to work at weekends, holidays and the extra hours, when required
To apply please visit: https://apply.workable.com/cloudy-bay-vineyards/j/0518180FD3/
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.