Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 26 October 2022
Closes: 26 November 2022
Delegat has earned a reputation as one of New Zealand's leading winemakers achieving global success with our Oyster Bay brand. We focus exclusively on making the world's most sought-after Super-Premium wines and have invested in modern technology and facilities. Production focuses primarily on Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir varieties which are all harvested locally.
Delegat Marlborough winery is a large and modern facility with a 40,000-tonne capacity which houses all its equipment and facilities under one roof. In addition to our state-of-the-art winemaking equipment, our team enjoy the benefits of having reticulated services throughout the cellar, an automatic barrel line and coated floors.
We are seeking experienced Cellar Hands, as well as people with a keen interest in the winemaking industry, to join our passionate winemaking team.
As a Cellar Hand you will:
- Be involved in all winery operations from fruit receival to finished wine
- Receive ongoing training in all aspects of winemaking
- Work with advanced winemaking technology
- Be part of a passionate and motivated team
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- You have good level of strength and fitness, as this is a hands-on role
- You enjoy a challenge and work well under pressure
- You achieve goals by demonstrating a high-level of attention to detail and a safety mindset
- You need to be willing to work extra hours and weekends during the vintage season
- Industry experience and winemaking qualifications would be an advantage
- Competitive hourly rate with regular hours
- Thorough in-house training to support you in reaching your full potential. Confined Space Training, First Aid Certificate and Fork Hoist licence can also be obtained as you progress within the role
- Wine Allowance
- Paid parental leave
- A supportive environment to grow and add value
- A culture where our values of Winning Together, Mastery and Aiming High are at the heart of what we do
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.