General Manager - Wine
Company: Nockie's Palette
Uploaded: 21 October 2022
Closes: 21 November 2022
Nockie’s Palette is a boutique winery based in Queenstown, Central Otago with a focus on producing high quality, small batch wines. With vineyards in Georgetown and the Waitaki Valley, Nockie’s Palette has carefully selected vineyards result in wines that create unique flavour profiles with a growing customer base.
Nockie’s Palette are now looking to expand the team to support with the ambitious growth plans for the business.
A pivotal role in the senior leadership team, the General Manager – Wine will be responsible for all aspects of the business, from grape to consumer. Working closely with the company Directors, you will have a strong commercial background in the wine industry and ensure we have the right people in place to deliver high quality wines, through effective viticulture management, production, blending and bottling. In addition, you will manage and oversee the marketing and logistics to ensure our wine is truly world-class in quality and reputation.
To be successful in this role you will be collaborative, passionate about both wine and the industry, a drive to succeed and always looking for opportunities to grow the brand and business.
You will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- End-to-end business management experience, including people management responsibilities (recruitment, people leadership).
- Experience in developing and/or executing brand strategy, in the luxury consumer, product or hospitality space.
- Knowledge of the legal, regulatory requirements, government reporting responsibilities, winery operations, marketing wines, wine club development, catering, cellar door operations, on-site special events and export sales.
- Ability to pioneer new ideas, solve problems, and influence others in a collaborative way.
- Experience with planning, development and marketing of new products and product line extensions.
Alongside the opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand, we are offering a competitive remuneration package.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.