Vintage Winery Lab Technicians
Uploaded: 04 October 2022
Closes: 04 January 2023
Vintage Laboratory Technicians:
Come and work for VinLink, one of Marlborough’s largest and most modern wineries located in the Riverlands, a 10-minute drive from Blenheim CBD. We have a state-of-the-art Laboratory with smart technology and processes as well as a great training programme in place. Competitive payrates and other attractive incentives; including a vintage completion bonus, a welcome pack to get you through vintage, and the supply of all required workwear. We also provide a tasty meal when on 12-hour shifts and other delicious treats to keep you going.
About the role
The lab is an integral part of the process at vintage time, and for these roles we need people with strong attention to detail and great communication skills who are:
- Able to follow Lab processes in the testing and analysis of grape juice, ferments and finished wine
- Organised and efficient in data entry
- Able to work both independently and as part of a close team
- Experienced in the Lab and/or have knowledge of the wine industry or equivalent, however limited positions with no experience are also available
- Flexible to work 12-hour days 6 days a week, with a minimum of 32 hours a week increasing to 72 during our peak harvest time either on day or night shifts
We are offering an hourly rate: $23.00 - $30.00 depending on experience and we also have an end of vintage bonus paid upon completion of the contract.
We are looking for all applicants who have a strong safety focus, have a reasonable level of physical fitness and are available to work from late-February/early-March until the end of the grape intake (typically 6 to 8 weeks). There is the potential for work beyond Vintage, up to the end of June 2023, for the right applicant(s).
What do we need from you?
Your CV and a cover letter telling us about you and why you would like to join the team for Vintage: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.