Vintage Cellar Hand - Marlborough
Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 26 September 2022
Closes: 26 December 2022
Delegat has earned a reputation as one of New Zealand's leading winemakers achieving global success with our Oyster Bay brand. We focus exclusively on making the world's most sought-after Super-Premium wines and have invested in modern technology and facilities. Delegat Marlborough winery is a large and modern facility with a 40,000-tonne capacity and focuses primarily on Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir varieties which are all harvested locally.
We are seeking dynamic and motivated people to join our team for a truly rewarding vintage experience.
Our Vintage Cellar Hands are involved in various winemaking and cellar operations which include:
- Grape receival
- Clarification and inoculation
- Fermentation management
- Cooperage operations
- General cellar work
Employment would commence February 2023 through to late April 2023. Peak harvest operations will involve 12 hours per day, six days per week. We also guarantee a minimum of 30 hours a week in the lead up to harvest.
We have 15 positions available for Experienced Vintage Cellar Hands who have completed 3 or more vintages. Pay rates for these positions will be $28-$29 an hour.
We also have 35 Vintage Cellar Hand positions available for those who are new to the industry or have some previous experience. The pay rates for these positions will range from $24 - $27 an hour.
- You thrive in a team environment.
- You have strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- You have a self-starting attitude with the energy, motivation, and stamina required to be effective in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- You have previous cellar experience or are interested to gain experience in the wine industry.
We support our vintage team by providing thorough in-house training, local information packs, daily transport to and from the winery, personal protective equipment, and vintage meals. Support to source accommodation can also be provided, if required.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.