Vintage 2023 Cellar Hand - Marlborough
Company: Villa Maria Estate Limited
Uploaded: 23 September 2022
Closes: 23 December 2022
It’s almost Vintage time at Indevin Group – New Zealand’s largest wine producer and home to the iconic, acclaimed and highly-awarded Villa Maria brand.
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there’s much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, new skills and incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to making when you're part of our vintage crew.
As we gear up for V23, we’re on the hunt for our V23 Cellar Hands to build our Vintage team, to get all the grapes in and processed into wine so we can get it out the door to NZ and international shelves. While winery experience is a nice to have, don’t worry if you’re brand new to the industry – we will provide you with all the training you need to be successful in the role!
As a Vintage Cellar Hand, you will:
- Be hard-working, motivated and have a can-do attitude
- Be available to commit to the timeframe
- Be a sound problem solver with the ability to do so under pressure
- Be physically fit, reliable and a team player
- Have safety at the forefront, living our Safety by Choice, not by Chance value
Typically, our vintages run from:
- Gisborne: Mid-February to late-March
- Hawkes Bay: Mid-February to late-April
- Marlborough: Late-February to mid-April
Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
You’ll do a bit of everything during your time with us…and you’re sure to learn and laugh a lot along the way. You can expect excellent variety (in both the work and the types of wine), pressing grapes, cleaning tanks, or handling barrels and the support of a passionate, talented and friendly team, every step of the way.
What else to expect?
- This is a fast-paced environment and involves a fair amount of manual labour and concentration.
- Along with a great hourly rate, we have a number of additional benefits to add to your package!
- You’ll need to be available to work shifts of up to 12 hours at vintage peak... for the early starters, your reward will be the amazing views and sunrises from the top of the tanks.
- You need to be prepared to undertake a pre-employment medical examination and drug and alcohol test.
If you’re up for a working adventure with one of New Zealand’s best-loved wineries, get in touch today... and if you didn't start with a passion for wine, you might just leave with one.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.