Kitchen Assistant - Summer 2022/23
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 22 September 2022
Closes: 22 October 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
The Cloudy Bay Shed is known for our beautiful sharing style dining, and we require a kitchen assistant to support during the busy times to make it all happen.
Bring your kitchen experience and top-standard service ability to help deliver authentic gastronomic experiences for our guests.
In this role we’re seeking an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to support our chef in the kitchen and help the food service run smoothly in conjunction with our busy front of house staff. You will need to be a quick thinker, and efficient at taking direction and responding quickly to whatever support is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Chef with prepping food for each day
- Ensuring all dishes are processed efficiently and to a high standard
- Working closely with the team on all levels
- Being aware of health and safety
- Being aware of food hygiene practices
- Ensuring food quality and excellent standards are maintained for all dishes created
- Assisting with stock arrivals and putting away.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Eagerness to support and be part of a strong team
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Able to work autonomously and deliver quality work
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- Willingness to learn new techniques and discover a new gastronomic environment
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach with attention to details
- Excellent presentation and communication skills aligned with Cloudy Bay brand's standard
- Adaptable and flexible around the working hours when required
- Physical aptitudes: standing on feet all day, handling and shucking seafood, knife skills.
You will receive a competitive rate, staff discount at our Cellar Door, training and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.