Company: Villa Maria Estate Limited
Uploaded: 21 September 2022
Closes: 21 October 2022
The winery is home to our iconic brands Villa Maria, Esk Valley, Leftfield and Vidal Estate, presenting a unique and engaging opportunity to work closely with a diverse range of wines and our small and dedicated Winemaking team.
We are now seeking a Winemaker
This is a permanent position based at our Hawkes Bay Winery. Normal operating hours are Monday to Friday and at vintage shift work will be required, working up to 10-hour shifts across 6 days.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Work alongside our Senior Winemakers to facilitate all winemaking processes to ensure a high-quality product.
- Work with and develop winemaking specifications to produce high-quality wines in line with company styles.
- Strong work scheduling and systems focus, ensuring our wines are made to the highest standard to the required deadlines.
- Ensure wines are made in-line with compliance requirements and market restrictions.
- Cross-functional communication with our Winemaking, Lab, and Cellar teams to ensure our quality standards are achieved and winemaking processes occur in an efficient and timely manner.
- Be actively involved in all aspects of sensory analysis of wines throughout the year.
- Guide the stylistic direction of the wines with involvement in blending decisions and tasting trials.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- High attention to detail and drive to produce high-quality wines.
- A relevant Tertiary qualification and at least 6 year’s experience as an Assistant Winemaker and/or Winemaker.
- Extensive knowledge of wine production, systems, and compliance requirements is essential.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines.
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends.
- To be self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team, and independently, when required.
- Bring a sense of humour and passion for winemaking to our team.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Only applicants with eligibility to work in NZ indefinitely will be considered.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.