Uploaded: 20 September 2022
Closes: 07 October 2022
VinLink Marlborough are looking for a Cellar Manager who has proven leadership and communication skills to lead our skilled team.
VinLink is a large, growing winery located in the Riverlands Industrial Estate just 5 minutes from the centre of Blenheim. Our winery has been specifically designed and built for Marlborough’s signature grape, Sauvignon Blanc, and crushes more than 25,000 tonnes each year.
This is a fulltime position within the production team and is responsible for:
- leading and supporting a safe and healthy workplace
- upholding VinLink’s food safety and quality standards across production
- ensuring daily production needs are met in an effective and timely manner
- ensuring the cellar is resourced to function effectively and efficiently
The position involves the management of:
- a small team of 5-6 permanent cellar hands of varying skill levels (year-round)
- an additional 50-odd vintage supervisors and cellar hands (vintage period)
Our ideal candidate will:
- possess at least 5 years of practical winery cellar experience or experience in a similar food/beverage manufacturing environment
- have at least 3 years supervisory experience
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- be a strong team player
- have excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with great attention to detail
- have clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- be able to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines
- have strong knowledge of relevant manufacturing operations
- have demonstrated reliability and punctuality
- have demonstrated ability to adhere to safety regulations and standard operating procedures
- have the presence and confidence to communicate with a large team during the induction and training of permanent and vintage workers
- be Microsoft Office proficient
- have a forklift licence
The seasonal nature of vintage and VinLink’s business throughout the year, means that our Cellar Manager will have the flexibility to work extended hours at vintage and when required, at other times of the year.
This is a physical, hands-on role. The primary work environment will be on the production floor and a reasonable level of physical fitness is required.
Reporting to our Wine Production Manager, this is a pivotal role in the Wine Production Team where communication and team management is key.
Salary will be negotiated, depending on experience and will include benefits such as health insurance, wine allocation and subsidised gym membership.
If this role sounds like you, please forward your CV, including a cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 7th October 2022, however, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please note: Applicants must have a current NZ working visa or be eligible to work in NZ.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.