Mount Riley Vintage Cellar Hands & Assistant Lab Technician
Company: Mount Riley Wines Limited
Uploaded: 14 September 2022
Closes: 14 December 2022
Mount Riley Harvest Staff & Assisatant Lab Tec – Vintage 2023
We are looking for Harvest staff to complement our permanent team and help us bring in the 2023 harvest. We are a small team in a family-owned and run business and enjoy producing a range of fantastic cool climate wines. As expected, long vintage hours are required, but we can provide a hot meal each day, help you with finding accommodation and be part of a great working environment.
Vintage length will be around 6-8 weeks from early/mid-March until late-April/early-May, and in the peak of the season 12-hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are looking for people who:
Are energetic, hardworking and keen and able to work either day or nightshift
- Previous winery experence including a broad range of vintage task's etc
Candidates with practical ability,good oral and written communication skills,a team player and good sense of humour.
We are a small hardworking and fun team therefore vintage positions would ideally suit candidates with a passion to work in wine and who also work well under pressure and in a high paced enviroment
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply in writing via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.