Vineyard Machinery Operator
Company: Booster Wine Group
Uploaded: 13 September 2022
Closes: 13 October 2022
Booster, through it’s Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand’s agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit, and through investments in Awatere River, Waimea Estates, Bannock Brae and Sileni Estates, the wine industry. It is here where a dynamic, reliable team player is required to join our Awatere River Vineyards as a Machinery Operator.
You will be part of our viticultural operations team that will be responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of our operations across all vineyards in Marlborough. With over 200 hectares in production, this is a hands-on role that involves operations over multiple vineyard sites.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Understanding and ability to work flexible hours from time to time throughout the viticulture year
- Ability to work well in a small team and lead casual staff when required
- Day-to-day machine operations skills
- Ability to perform duties as directed, safely, effectively and efficiently, using viticulture best practice
- Practical knowledge of machinery and implement use including ATVs, tractors and vineyard equipment
- The ability to undertake basic vineyard machinery and equipment maintenance
- Ideally be familiar with harvest activities including, but not limited to, gondola and harvester operation
- Preferably GrowSafe Certificate & Approved Handler Certificate, but training can be arranged for the right person
- Previous experience operating and working with machinery, irrigation, young vines, trellis and property maintenance would be a definite advantage
An enthusiastic attitude, open mind, self-motivation, organised, details focus, and strong communicator with great time management skills will get far in this role.
General vineyard duties relating to this job will include:
- Seasonal work – harvest, spraying, trellis repairs
- Assisting with the Grape spray programme
- Use of vineyard machinery, including tractors, ATV’s, mowers, sprayers, trimmers and other vineyard equipment
- Irrigating, young vine training, trellis and property maintenance
A driver’s license is essential for this role. All onsite training will be given. Competitive pay rates and other benefits will be discussed at interview and will depend on experience of the successful candidate.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the 'Apply Now' button with your CV and Cover Letter
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.