Company: Vinescapes Ltd
Uploaded: 08 September 2022
Closes: 09 October 2022
UK Skilled Worker Visa Available
Vinescapes works with prospective, new and established wine producers to achieve outstanding wine quality and successful business ventures, predominantly in the UK. We provide site evaluation, establishment, vineyard management, winery design, consultancy, research, and training.
Due to high demand from the sector, we are building our team of professional viticulturists with opportunities for the right candidate to grow with us and be a part of a professional, knowledgeable, fun, and supportive team.
Attractive salary offered for this privileged, multi-faceted role for an experienced Viticulturist, who will significantly contribute to the growth of successful vineyard and wine production ventures, and deliver high-quality and high-skilled client services, including bespoke training.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Vineyard scoping, technical feasibility studies and project management
- Managing multiple vineyard sites and providing exceptional services
- Providing consultancy to improve vineyard performance
- Supporting clients with mentoring and training
- Supporting clients with vineyard forecasting and budgeting
- Continually improving clients’ vineyard sustainability, both environmentally and financially, through strong management techniques
- Securing clients and networks to ensure a strong business pipeline
- Providing input to viticulture related research projects.
Applicant Skills And Qualifications
We are seeking an energetic and passionate candidate who demonstrates significant scientific and practical viticulture expertise and has strong planning, communication, and interpersonal skills. This role demands a high degree of flexibility, motivation, professionalism, and dedication. It is designed for a person who truly wants to add value and understands the importance of credibility, reliability, and high-end service provision.
- Viticulture degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years vineyard management experience
- Personable, confident and a comfortable public speaker
- Passionate, pro-active, and independent
- Full clean driver's license
- Strong IT skills including vineyard management apps
- UK Skilled worker visa available
Cira 80%-90% working remotely at client sites mostly in southern England, and occasionally internationally. The remainder is office based in Dorking, Surrey.
Reporting to: Managing Director.
Salary: An attractive salary and benefits is offered for this exciting role.
To Apply: Please forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: Paula@vinescapes.com
Closing date: 09 October 2022
Note: The successful candidate will need to apply for a UK Skilled worker visa through the UK government https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa (sponsorship provided by Vinescapes services Ltd). Specifically, where English language is not the first country language, proof of competency will be required.
- For information about the UK wine industry, visit the UK Vineyards Association website: www.ukva.org.uk