Vintage Cellar Hand - Kim Crawford Winery
Company: Constellation Brands NZ
Uploaded: 05 September 2022
Closes: 05 December 2022
- Live, work and play in sunny Marlborough
- Have a hand in making Kim Crawford – the number 1 NZ wine brand in the USA!
- Join a team that loves to get stuck in and knows how to have fun
- Guaranteed minimum of 30 hours and potential to extend beyond vintage
We are on the hunt for passionate and dedicated Vintage Cellar Hands to join us for Vintage ‘23 – kicking off early March 2023.
Constellation Brands New Zealand (CBNZ) is a grower, producer and distributor of globally-recognised wine brands including Kim Crawford and Selaks. Headquartered in Auckland, CBNZ looks after the New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Canada markets. CBNZ is a subsidiary of Constellation Brands Inc, a Fortune 500® company and leading international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits based in the United States.
CBNZ employs around 250 people across Asia Pacific including at its Marlborough and Hawke’s Bay wineries, head office, mobile sales force and vineyards throughout Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay and Central Otago.
About the Role
If you want to be part of 2023 wine history and contribute to award-winning wines, then this is the role for you. Join us in beautiful Marlborough wine country and experience how wine is made! You will be part of an epic team who work closely together to produce some powerhouse brands like Kim Crawford, Selaks, Young & Co to name a few. How amazing will it be to pick up a glass of wine that you helped create? You will learn some valuable skills and who knows, you may even decide a career in winemaking is for you. If that’s the case, you’ll get to meet people that could help make this a reality.
So, what does the work involve?
- Physical work including machinery operation
- Approx. 8-12 hour days, 6 days a week (plenty of earning potential!)
- Be part of a team all working towards a common goal to produce incredible wine.
- A team player with high levels of motivation and a can-do attitude
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Health and safety conscious
- Comfortable with shift work
Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive wage plus ability to earn and bank lots of hours
- Meal & weekly treats
- Welcome gift pack and wine tasting
- Meet and work with the awesome and diverse Constellation team – people from all walks of life
- End the season with a fabulous Harvest celebration to reward your hard work!
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
If you’re interested, apply now via the relevant link or for a confidential conversation email Melanie Galt, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about us, visit www.constellationnz.com/careers
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.