Senior Vineyard Operator
Company: Constellation Brands NZ
Uploaded: 01 September 2022
Closes: 01 October 2022
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands such as Kim Crawford driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of creating brands worth reaching for.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, motivated individual who has had experience supervising and leading teams. Reporting to the Vineyard Manager this role is focused around working with the Manager to assist in planning and delivery of key operational functions and supporting the team deliver exceptional results.
- Actively support safety procedures, ensuring proper PPE, incident reporting, etc
- Monitor quality of vineyard tasks and provide feedback and look for ways to continuously improve.
- Support in leading daily tracking of progress, labour costs and monitor R&M costs.
- Oversee job training for team members.
- Work with the Vineyard Manager to achieve the Annual Vineyard Management Plan and report against it.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the viticulture/horticulture or similar industry.
- Demonstrated history of effective people management and/or supervision and training.
- Proficiency in machinery management.
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of programs – Word, Excel etc.
Benefits and Culture
We pride ourselves on our culture and work hard together as a team to make the work environment an enjoyable place to be. As part of this, the remuneration package comes with a generous wine allowance, contribution to fitness and wellness, a team bonus scheme, and a private superannuation scheme, just to name a few.
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
Only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role. Please proceed to application if you hold a current work visa or citizenship/passport.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.