Vineyard Leading Hand
Company: Alpha Domus
Uploaded: 30 August 2022
Closes: 30 September 2022
Alpha Domus is a single vineyard wine producer located in the Bridge Pa Triangle in Hawke’s Bay. As part of adaptation going forward the company is in the process of becoming certified organic.
If you would like to be part of this exciting change, work under the directive of our Vineyard Manager and be part of the winery crew during vintage producing great wines, we would like to hear from you.
You will be working in all parts of the vineyard operation, the role will require you to:
- Be familiar with and recognise vineyard pests, diseases and disorders.
- Be familiar with and successfully operate and maintain vineyard equipment, trimming, mowing and spraying.
- Be able to work with and supervise contract labour in carrying out vineyard tasks to achieve productive outcomes on time and to budget.
- Assist in monitoring and record-keeping of vineyard operations as required.
- Take on a role as a Cellar Hand during vintage and become familiar with winery procedures, successfully operate and maintain winery equipment as instructed.
- Be flexible as some extended hours, early mornings and/or weekend work will be required.
Your skills base and experience will be:
- Practical viticulture, horticulture or equivalent experience.
- Well organised and detail-oriented.
- Sound decision making skills, lead by example and enforce company rules, policies and Health and Safety practices.
- The ability to work productivity unsupervised.
- Thorough understanding of vineyard practices and knowledge of the processes involved in bringing fruit from vine to wine.
- Physically capable to undertake all vineyard and winery tasks.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in Viticulture or an associated Industry is desirable.
- Forklift and tractor operation qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
- GrowSafe certification is desirable.
- Previous Vintage experience is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to integrate into a small team, be organised, positive and passionate about the growing environment.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.