Harvest Team - 2023
Company: Marisco Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 29 August 2022
Closes: 29 November 2022
Home of our favourite brands The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough.
We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
For harvest 2023, Marisco Vineyards is recruiting for our existing Waihopai River Winery and also for our new and developing Leefield Station Winery, both in the Waihopai Valley of Marlborough.
Vintage cellar staff are responsible for carrying out the day-to-day winery operations as planned by the winemaking team. All successful applicants will be offered fixed-term agreements of between six and eight weeks, harvest intake dependant, likely starting around the first week of March 2023. Actual start dates will be finalised early in 2023. Full training and a Health & Safety induction will be provided.
We are currently recruiting a Harvest Team for the V23 vintage and seeking:
Vintage Cellar Hands
We have positions available for 30 Vintage Cellar Hands. The main responsibilities and tasks include:
- Fruit receival and processing
- Juice and wine transfers
- Red ferment punch-downs and pump-overs
- Barrel filling and emptying
- General cellar and equipment cleaning and hygiene
One to two vintages of experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to all successful candidates.
Hourly rate: $24 – $27 depending on experience
Experienced Vintage Cellar Hands/Supervisors
We have positions available for 10 Experienced Vintage Cellar Hands / Supervisors. The main responsibilities and tasks include:
- Supervising fruit receival and processing
- Support our full-time Winery Team with leadership, training, and supervision of Vintage Cellar Hands
- Manage and run juice clarification utilising batch and continuous flotation
- Forklift operation
- Assist with the management of cellar cleaning and hygiene
A minimum of three vintages of experience is essential with previous experience in a mid to large Marlborough winery being advantageous.
Hourly rate: $28 - $32 depending on experience
What you will receive from us:
- Daily shift meal (when working 12 hour shifts)
- A minimum of 30 hours per week in the periods before and after harvest
- 12 hour shifts, 6 days per week during the peak of harvest
- Transport to and from winery, if required
- Winery welcome pack with gift
- Full in-house training on all vintage SOPs
- Skill-building opportunities
- An experienced Winemaking & Cellar team willing to share knowledge
- A fun, supportive and positive team environment
What we expect of you:
- To be able to work within the company’s Health & Safety environment
- Ability to work to tight timelines
- The ability to work a 12-hour shift, six days a week (during peak harvest)
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task
- Be physically fit and have a positive attitude
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- We are looking for people that enjoy teamwork and working collaboratively
- We want you to be enthusiastic and willing to make a positive contribution to harvest!
For more info about Marisco Vineyards please click on link to view our website www.marisco.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.